Wednesday, January 20, 2016

있어요/없어요 (exist,have)

When you want to say you have something, or there is something, you can use "있어요" and its negation is "없어요".

  • 있어요

있어요 means something exists. The item in question can just simply exist or it can exist to you -- i.e. you have something. Let's look at a few examples first.

1) 저기(there) 사과(apple)가 있어요(exist)
: There is apple (you don't know if it's an apple or apples)

2) 저(I) 사과(apple) 있어요(have).
: I have apple.

3) 사과(apple) 있어요(have/exist).
: There's apple / I have apple.

For somethings, it's more likely that you have something just because the property.
4) 시간 있어요.
: I have time.

To ask, you simply add a question mark and raise the end if you're speaking.

사과 있어요? : Is there apple? Do you have apple?
시간 있어요? : Do you have time?

  • 없어요

Likewise, 없어요 means something does not exist. The item in question may not or you don't have it.

1) 저기(there) 사과(apple)가 없어요(does not exist)
: There is no apple.

2) 저(I) 사과(apple) 없어요(do not have).
: I don't have apple.

3) 사과(apple) 없어요(have/exist).
: There's no apple / I have no apple.

4) 시간 없어요.
: I don't have have time.

To ask, you simply add a question mark and raise the end if you're speaking.

사과 없어요? : Is there no apple? Do you not have apple?



    시간 없어요? : Do you not have time?


    No comments:

    Post a Comment